The Members of Barleyment (MoB) are pleased to announce the 2016 edition of the MoB and Beau’s Oktoberfest Homebrewing Competition. The event, to be held in conjunction with Beau’s annual Oktoberfest celebration, will be from Sept. 23-24, 2016.This competition is included in the 2016 Brewer of the Year (http://www.breweroftheyear.com/) circuit.
The BJCP competition grand prize winner will get to brew their own recipe at Beau’s All Natural Brewing Company at a commercial level. The winner of the People’s Choice competition will get to brew their recipe on the “pilot batch” system at Beau’s, and will have their beer sold in the retail location (as well as receive a few of their crafted beer). Along with the handsome MoB medals given to all those brewers who placed in each flight, we are finalizing additional prizes (to be announced) generously donated by our sponsors, breweries and homebrew suppliers. Details for the competition are ongoing, so visit our website regularly for updates: http://comp.barleyment.ca/.
This event is two competitions in one.
The first is a BJCP-sanctioned competition:
- All beer style categories in the 2015 BJCP Style Guidelines will be accepted (Categories 1-34, excluding 34A).
- Each brewer can submit a maximum of one entry per subcategory.
The second is a People’s Choice competition:
- Attendees of Beau’s Oktoberfest 2016 will take part in judging your homebrew.
- The People’s Choice judging promotes beer literacy by getting non-homebrewers to judge competition-worthy homebrew and consult the BJCP guidelines.
- Details of People’s Choice entries will be provided in a later announcement.
Entry Deadline is Wednesday, Aug 24, 2016.
Stay tuned. More details to follow.