Members of Barleyment Homebrew Competition – Beau’s Oktoberfest 2019
The Members of Barleyment (MoB) are pleased to announce the 2019 edition of the MoB and Beau’s Oktoberfest Homebrewing Competition. The event, to be held in conjunction with Beau’s annual Oktoberfest celebration, will be from September 20-21, 2019. This competition is included in the 2019 Brewer of the Year circuit.
This event is two competitions in one.
1) BJCP-Sanctioned Competition
- All beer style categories in the 2015 BJCP Style Guidelines will be accepted (Categories 1-34, excluding 34A).
- Each brewer can submit a maximum of one entry per subcategory.
- Each brewer can submit a maximum of 6 entries.
2) People’s Choice Competition
- Attendees of Beau’s Oktoberfest 2019 will take part in judging your homebrew.
- The People’s Choice judging promotes beer literacy by getting non-homebrewers to judge competition-worthy homebrew and consult the BJCP guidelines.
- Details of People’s Choice entries will be provided in a later announcement.
The winner of each competition will be invited to make a pilot batch of beer at Beau’s Brewery to be released at the subsequent year’s Oktoberfest and will also receive some of their crafted brew to take home. Along with the handsome MoB medals to be awarded to all those brewers who placed in each flight, we are finalising additional prizes (to be announced) generously donated by our sponsors, breweries and homebrew suppliers. Details for the competition are ongoing, so visit our website regularly for updates, and if you’d like, please sign up to our newsletter here.
New this year:
- canned entries are accepted for the first time
- A maximum of 6 entries per person
July 25, 2019: Registration site opens. Do not ship entries before this date
August 11, 2019: Beer drop off location will open AND last day to ship your entries to ensure they arrive on time (location to be announced).
August 22, 2019: Entry Deadline
More details to follow so stay tuned! Prost!